We sell a few different types of collectibles at New Zealand Mint.
- Coins - these have an approved mintage, which means there is a limited quantity, and display an 'effigy'. For example, for nearly all our legal tender coins licensed by Niue, the effigy is the image of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II on the reverse. The mintage for the coin can be found in the 'Specs' section of a product's page. An example coin effigy:
- Coin notes - these are similar to coins but are in note form. An example coin note effigy:
- Premium Foils - these are similar to coin notes in that the silver is rolled thin, but they are generally bigger in size. An example foil effigy:
- Pure Silver Foils - these differ from Premium Foils in that they do not feature an effigy on the reverse and are not legal tender. Therefore there is no limited mintage. An example foil, featuring no effigy:
- Medallions - similar to coins but they do not feature an effigy on the reverse and are not legal tender. Therefore there is no limited mintage. An example of a medallion's front and back.